Merle Bennett, born in 1974, gathered a variety of musical experiences in her home town of Hamburg by playing with many different musicians in as many different genres as possible. She then decided to concentrate in the fields of experimental/improvisation and worked during the nineties with the touring contemporary dance ensemble contact 17. She studied Jazz and popular music through the "Kontaktstudiengang" at the Hamburg conservatory of music. Moving to Berlin, she decided to study Jazz and Popular music at the Hans Eisler Hochschule für Musik which she then supplemented in 2008 with elementary musicpedagogy.
She was playing pop and rock music with the band Erik & Me until 2012 and is playing instrumental music with her duo rant. Merle Bennett is continuing her work with dancers and with improv music. She also works as a music teacher for children. In october 2014 she started the professional program for the Grinberg method (body work) and is since then already working as a Grinberg practitioner.
- rant „seumsund/sundseum“ (2004 schraum)
- „Labor-CD” [Sampler] (2004 Charhizma)
- Orchester der Schatten „Der Ruf des Dämon“ (2004 Eichborn/Lido)
- rant „a direct sensuous pleasure” (2006 schraum)
- „Berlin Improv Sampler“ (2007 Japan Improv)
- Erik&Me „Hundertsechzig Zeichen“ (2008 Madunsky Records)
- Orchester der Schatten „SKI – Serie Krimi International“ (2010, Eichborn/Funkhaus Europa)
- Erik&Me „Versteck“ (2011 Revolver)
- rant „land“ (2011 schraum)
- rant „margo flux“ (2015 schraum)